Introduction for tamariki / children to learn more about the monthly cycle of the maramataka, where you can begin to record
- what the moon phases are good for/ not good for
- what activities you did on these days
- what observations you made
- what your energy levels were
Please note this Journal is suitable for new learners / tamariki/ children - it follows Te Whānau ā Apanui, and this version is focused on the 8 key phases of the 30 night cycle.
The Journal features are;
- Measurements A5+ (148mm x 210mm)
- Perfect size to carry with you for daily observations.
- 44 pages x 100 gsm
- Lined pages within journal sections
- Soft bound cover to make it last
FREE resources with purchase - 1 sticker sheet & Aratohu (Guide)
The Journal contents are;
- Maramataka Definition & User Guide
- He Tirohanga written by Haami Piripi
- Daily Marama (using Te Whānau ā Apanui maramataka) with focus on 8 key phases
- Journal & reflections pages to record observations
- Daily "Ihi" Energy scale & monthly Graph to review your energy levels over 8 key phases of the 30 night cycle
- Spaces to track Moon Rise & Set and Tides in colouŌku whakaaro / My Thoughts Page
Buy one - Give one
Hokona tētahi māramataka, ā, mā mātou tētahi e tākoha
For every maramataka journal purchased, we will give the same journal to Ngā Kitenga o te Maramataka to support the work done by Rereata Makiha and Rikki Solomon with rangatahi (youth) and kura kaupapa around the motu (country).
You can check out the amazing work they do in schools teaching rangatahi about the maramataka here.
Additional Information about the Maramataka
We have free resources available to assist your understanding of living with the maramataka. You can also check out our Ako/Learn page for details of upcoming workshops about the maramataka